It is important to emphasize that all Labour Mobility exceptions for additional requirements based on a significant scope of practice difference need to be justified based on a legitimate objective, such as:
- public security and safety;
- public order;
- protection of human, animal or plant life or health;
- protection of the environment;
- consumer protection;
- protection of the health, safety and well-being of workers;
- provision of adequate social and health services to all its geographic regions; and,
- programs for disadvantaged groups.
In order to post an exception based on a legitimate objective, there must be strong supporting evidence that of deficiency in skills, knowledge and abilities of out-of-province workers required to perform the scope of practice of an occupation.