If membership in a national or provincial/territorial professional association is the only registration you have, then the answer is no. To be a certified worker, you need to be certified with a provincial or territorial regulatory body, which is not the same as the national professional association or a provincial/territorial professional association.

The role of a regulatory body is to set the occupational standards for the practice of an occupation in a province or territory in order to ensure public safety. This means that the regulatory body will determine what you need in terms of knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to practice that occupation.

National or provincial/territorial associations have different roles, which are to represent their members and to lobby on their behalf.