Yes, compulsory/mandatory trades are covered under Labour Mobility provisions of the CFTA.

You need to have a trade certificate (e.g. Certificate of Qualification) to qualify for Labour Mobility opportunities under the CFTA.  In some provinces and territories, you must register with the province/territory where you would like to work in before you can work in a compulsory/mandatory trades.  In other provinces/territories, you can apply directly with an employer to work in your trade with the certification from your home jurisdiction.

If you are uncertain about how your trades Certificate of Qualification will be recognized in the province/territory you would like to work in, please contact a Labour Mobility Coordinator.